What is remanufacturing?Simply stated, remanufacturing is the process of disassembly of products during which time parts are cleaned, repaired or replaced then reassembled to sound working condition. Remanufacturing is an ultimate form of recycling. A more detailed definition of remanufacturing Maniac Motors way.
Remaufactured Starter / Alternator:
- Built especially for extremes of heat, cold and high demand.
- Built to last using the highest quality materials and the most technologically advanced processes.
- All remanufactured parts are 100% factory tested prior to and during remanufacturing to assure that they meet or exceed original equipment specifications.
- 100% new high quality bearings provide longer life and vibration free, quiet operation
- Has a warranty and fantastic service to back up warranty claims for peace of mind.
- After assembly before delivery each unit is full-load tested to guarantee that it complies with our strict performance specifications.
What remanufacturing is not
The definition above of what remanufacturing is describes a process. If a product goes through this process it can be considered remanufactured. There are many terms which may be confused with remanufacturing; including the following:
- Recycled - A 'recycled' product may very well meet the minimum remanufacturing requirements; and many legitimate remanufactureres use this term to describe their product. However, many times a recycled product may be, as in the automotive sector, removed from a scrap vehicle and resold with little or no work performed on it. Some recycled products are superficially cleaned, boxed and sold. Obviously, as described, recycled would not be considered remanufactured and its reliability is questionable.
- Repaired - This is an imprecise term. Essentially it means that the product has had enough work done to it to make it operational again, but this would probably not be considered remanufactured.
- Restored/Reconditioned - These are generic terms generally applied to antique or classic goods as opposed to a mass market consumer product.
- Used - Generally, this is a product that has been subjected to previous use and is not new. Nothing has been done to repair it or correct any problems it may have. Therefore, its useful life is unknown.
Please Post Your Comments or Questions